Prof. Dr. F. Müller-Gliesmann
60% lectures, 40% exercises and oral presentation
The lecture QPM contains the fundamentals and actual methods of quality control and project management particular of electronics manufacturing. The methods, operations, servo loops and the importance of quality control will be explained and the context of economics will be described. Short innovations cycles and a fast product introduction are very important in electronic industry. Therefore a well-directed project management is necessary and essential. The methods and correlation between production introduction, production life cycle, phase out of old products and the disposability of components and substrates will be presented. The issue of rapid prototyping will be introduced.
- Introduction – Quality requirements and project organisation
- Quality control – Automatic optical inspection (AOI), automatic x-ray inspection (AXI), visual inspection, electrical inspection (flying probe, Bscan, BOST, ICT), servo loop, testing amount, customer reclamation, continuous improvement method
- Supply quality and quality assurance declaration – supply quality, incoming goods control, quality assurance declaration, storage conditions, climate conditions and deterioration, component packaging, ESD control, electrostatic discharge (ESD), clean room conditions, availability of components, profitability
- Project management – project leader, subproject, project team, project scheduling, hierarchical structure, project structure, new product introduction (NPI), product life cycle (PLC), rapid prototyping, function tests, product phase out, road map, product portfolio, milestones, process parallelising, stable process linkage, business culture, benchmarking, score card, supply chain management (SCM)
- Project control – milestone trend analysis, database, capability control, project meetings, budget control, risk management, redesign of products