BSc in Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering is...
… an interdisciplinary high-tech field with a long and rich tradition in Germany, which is currently growing to become one of the biggest fields of future research and development due to its high expansion rate. Biomedical technologies make an essential contribution to improve medical assistance and health care for the population.
5 reasons to study Biomedical Engineering in our Department:
- Perfect interdisciplinary combination of traditional engineer instruction at the prestigious Hochschule Mannheim and leading research by the Faculty of Medicine of the world-famous Heidelberg University at the Mannheim Clinical Hospital
- Excellent professional prospects both in industry and in research institutions
- Eminently practical orientation including a very early participation in research projects at both universities
- High-quality academic assistance, personalized mentoring of students by professors and trainers
- Ideal basic formation for a long-term academic career thanks to both the two following Master's degree courses 'Medical Physics' or 'Information Technology' and the further option of a PhD
Modern medicine is unthinkable without the application of the highest technologies – wherever medical scientists are researching, engineers are transforming the results into new products and applications. They are researching and projecting, supervising and managing the development of biomedical equipment as well as diagnostic and therapy methods - from the pacemaker over operation robots to magnetic resonances, 3D ultrasound, CAT tomography, microsensors implanted into the patient’s body, monitoring, new analysis processes for laboratories or the newest radiation treatments.
R&D in our Department: