According to today’s standards, the large field of Electrical Engineering is subdivided into four parts: Information Technology, Microelectronics, Automation, and Power Engineering.
Due to the historical development of Hochschule Mannheim, the areas above have been allocated to two different departments:
- Information Technology and Microelectronics in the Department of Information Technology
- Automation and Power Engineering in the Department of Electrical Engineering
The focus areas of our Department correspond to the demands of industry:
- Electronics and High Frequencies,
- Digital Signal Processing,
- Embedded Systems with Digital Technology,
- Software Technology and High-Speed Networks,
as well as their applications in Biomedicine.